South Africa has so much on offer, that it’s sometimes difficult to limit yourself to just a week or two of exploring it. Although often viewed as the safari Mecca or game paradise of the world, this country also has plenty to offer in terms of world-class shopping.
Johannesburg is the commercial and financial epicentre of this country. It is busy, wealthy and huge. So, for those that want to find designer labels and endless variety, Johannesburg is the answer. Here are some of the best-known and best-equipped malls in Jo’burg:
- Sandton City, Sandton
- MonteCasino, Fourways
- Melrose Arch, Sandton
- Eastgate, Bedfordview
- Fourways Mall, Fourways
- Brightwater Commons, Randburg
- Cresta Shopping Centre, Northcliff
- Killarney Mall, Killarney
- Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton
Where to stay? Find and Book Sandton Hotels.
Pretoria is just outside Johannesburg, but has a very different vibe. It is quieter, much smaller and more serene. Its major shopping centres comprise:
- Brooklyn Mall, Brooklyn
- Menlyn Park, Menlyn Park
- Woodlands Boulevard, Pretoria East
Where to stay? Find and Book Pretoria Hotels.
If you can tear yourself away from the warm waters of the Durban beaches, take the opportunity to spend some time at the following popular malls:
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Umhlanga
- Liberty Midlands Mall, Pietermaritzburg
- Musgrave Centre, Berea
- The Pavilion, Westville
Where to stay? Find and Book Durban Hotels.
Cape Town (Western Cape)
Cape Town is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world. Millions of international visitors have come to the Mother City and will continue to enjoy her diversity and natural beauty. The malls here are sure to get shopaholics feeling quite emotional:
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
- Canal Walk, Century City
- Bayside Centre, Blaauwberg
- Blue Route Mall, Tokai
- Cavendish Square, Claremont
- Constantia Village, Constantia
- Tyger Valley, Tyger Valley
Where to stay? Find and Book Cape Town Hotels.
Port Elizabeth (Eastern Cape)
The Friendly City may be a quieter seaside city than many other metropolises in South Africa, but there are plenty of places to burn a hole through the credit card. These range from sizeable malls that take the better part of a day to explore to intimate boutique-style centres, and include:
- Greenacres Shopping Centre, Ring Road
- Moffett on Main, Walmer
- Walmer Park Shopping Centre, Walmer
- Summerstrand Village, Summerstrand
- Moffett Retail Park, William Moffett
- Metlife Plaza, Kabega Park
- The Boardwalk, Summerstrand
Where to stay? Find and Book Port Elizabeth Hotels.