It’s water-proof, freeze-proof, shock-proof (so basically, adventure-proof) and it’s up for grabs here. Submit your adventure story and WIN a Canon PowerShot D10 from South Africa Explored.
Think about that day on which you had the time of your life and got the story you’ve been telling for years, but were too worried to take your camera with you, knowing it wouldn’t survive the knocks you were worrying about surviving yourself.
Or tell us your future plans for this rugged, all-weather, point-and-click camera. Be creative, let your ideas come to life – dreaming is the first step to achieving.
See the winning entry here: Winner Canon PowerShot D10
SA-Venues.com would like to thank all participants for their entries – we where overwhelmed by the number of entries and the high quality of “Adventure Stories” we received and picking a single winner was not an easy task. Whilst we would have liked to open the selection of a winner to our readers via a voting system, participants felt it was not fair as we had promised to pick and announce the winner here by the 1st July. So we were left with the difficult task of selecting only one from hundreds of entries, of which 10 entries stood out as being “winners”.
We finally called in a panel of 5 independant persons (two of which are travel writers) and left the selection to them. 4 out 5 chose the winning entry as their first choice and the fifth person picked it as their second choice. Congratulations to Paul Mitchell – his winning entry can be seen here.
A Canon Powershot D10 to the value of R3499. This camera is not only sturdy (it’ll work after being dropped onto a hard surface from up to 1.22m) and can be used in a variety of environments (in temperatures as low as -10 °C and water resistant up to 10m) but also has face, motion and scene detection technology. The 2.5” PureColour LCD II screen will display your snaps taken with the 12.1 Megapixel sensor and 3.0x zoom with optical IS in perfect detail. Prize includes delivery of the camera to any address worldwide.
HOW TO ENTER:
In a short 100-200 words tell us where and how you would use this Canon Powershot D10 anywhere in South Africa, or tell us about a prior experience where it would have come in handy. Here are some photos to help with inspiration.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- By entering this competition, you agree to allow us to post your story on the blog and the winning story on our newsletter (with full credit to the author). To view previous issues of our newsletter, please visit SA-Venues.com Newsletter Archive.
- You must write the description yourself i.e. no copying or plagiarism.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com, their families and advertising agency.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 29th of June 2010).
- What a tough choice … but congratulations to Paul Mitchell for his winning entry.
Paul, your Canon PowerShot D10 is on its way to you.
- See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com