The Black Oystercatcher in Cape Agulhas is more than a wine farm. It’s a destination – a place to relax, breathe in the fresh country air, and reconnect with nature.
Win a Two Night Stay for Two at the Black Oystercatcher, and a trip for two on the Sunset Wetlands Tour (enjoy a sundowner while looking out for the secretive Hippo that live in the vlei).
This boutique winery is situated close to Africa’s southernmost tip. The Black Oystercatcher Wines is a scenic two-hour drive from Cape Town (picture the intense green and gold of the Overberg’s wheat and canola fields, and the lush fynbos landscapes)…
It’s here that the Black Oystercatcher Wines are carefully crafted, using the unique location close to the ocean. The cool sea breezes ease through our vineyards, keeping our berries small – leading to the intense fruit flavours our Cape Agulhas wines are known for.
And this is the world you can explore from your cottage on the Black Oystercatcher. The four self-catering cottages look out over the nature-filled Agulhas Plain. Enjoy a braai on your veranda. Or cosy up beside a log fire in your cottage. And harvest the veggies and herbs from our garden for your meals.
During the day, explore the working wine farm on foot, or take a cycle on one of our routes (taking in the Agulhas Plain landscapes). Birders can add to their list – looking for some of the special species that occur here (more than 200 species to choose from, like the Black Harrier, Blue-cheeked Bea-eater or the Red-chested Flufftail). During summer, take a dip in our infinity pool.
After a fun morning exploring, it’s time to sit down at the Black Oystercatcher Restaurant.
Here you’ll find quality meals, made using only the freshest ingredients (many straight from our own Black Oystercatcher garden). The Restaurant menu adapts, as each season creates fresh, tasty produce. Favourites include the Black Oystercatcher Burger, the Steak Pan, and of course an array of crunchy, cool salads.
Pop in to our Tasting Room and Gift Shop, for an intimate wine tasting (try one of our tutored tasting options). And find out what makes our wines so unique.
Or enjoy a beer tasting – exploring the tastes and sensations that accompany Fraser’s Folly craft beer (owned by the Black Oystercatcher). The craft beer is made in the Brewhouse on the farm. Simply ask our team if you can pop in to see the brewing process (if our Brewmaster, Fraser Crighton, isn’t too busy creating his craft beer).
There are gifts in the shop to remember your trip by – a range of local goods you won’t easily find elsewhere. We love the locally-made pottery, the range of bites and snacks, and the textures and perfumes of our beauty products.
And as the evening eases closer, how about a nature tour – to enjoy a sundowner on the Sunset Wetlands Tour?
The Black Oystercatcher is a member of the Nuwejaars Wetlands Special Management Area. And the Nuwejaars team is hosting guided nature tours on Saturdays. See the Buffalo in their boma on the morning trip. And look out for our secretive Hippo in the wetlands on the evening tour. (Tours are subject to availability.)
THIS PRIZE INCLUDES
- Valued at more than R2800, this prize includes:
- The Black Oystercatcher Wines is offering self catering accommodation for 2 nights for 2 people at the Black Oystercatcher Cottages
- Dinner and wine (up to the value of R450).
- An evening wildlife drive, called the Sunset Wetlands Tour, for 2 to look for the hippo, and a range of other wildlife
HOW TO ENTER
To win this fabulous two-night getaway at the Black Oystercatcher Cottages, all you need to do is head over to the SA-Venues.com® Facebook Page, Like the Page and leave a comment on the Black Oystercatcher Competition Post. For Extra entries and a better chance to win, share it with your friends (and tag your friends for even more entries).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition closes on 24 October 2017 and the winner will be announced on Facebook and our Blog on Friday 27 October 2017.
- The prize is valid until 28 February 2018, and cannot be redeemed on public holidays or long weekends, and is subject to availability.
- The prize is for two people.
- Winners must arrange and cover the cost of their transport to and from the Black Oystercatcher.
- Winners must be 18 years or older.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The competition is open to all except employees of www.SA-Venues.com® and The Black Oystercatcher Wine Estate, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Find out more about the Black Oystercatcher here
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
- The Black Oystercatcher Cottages
- Rates & Availability
- Explore Cape Agulhas
- Cape Agulhas Accommodation