Restore my faith that not all travellers are only interested in the Big 5 … submit your favourite game reserve or nature photo and win! The only spec is that it cannot be a photo of a Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino or an Elephant. Oh, and amateur photographers only please.
Your photo will be featured and credited in our January 2010 newsletter and in line with our Theme for November 2009 (Going Wild in South Africa … The Big 5 and Beyond), you’ll win a special something which will make it that much easier for you to spot game, though they’ll also come in handy at the next rugby match you attend.
Photographs submitted will be featured here for all to admire (so bookmark this page and come back daily to check out your competition). If you have a favourite, help us to choose the winner by leaving your vote below in the comments area.
Nikon Sporter EX 10×50 Binoculars (brand spanking new and valued at R2100)
Lightweight, easy to use, water- and fog-proof, with a rubber coating for a more comfortable grip. The Sporter EX 10×50 has multi-layered coatings on the lenses, an eye relief of 19.6mm and a magnification of 10x (meaning that a deer 100m away will appear just 10m away).
I have a pair of these and believe me when I say that they make a game drive a far more rewarding experience. We’re sure you’ll love them as much as I love mine.
Specs / Conditions:
- Amateur photographers only please.
- Content must be related to game reserves or nature in South Africa – any animals except the Big 5, plantlife, landscapes, sunsets, 4×4 vehicles – anything that took your fancy on a game drive or bush walk. For those of you that have a special Big 5 photo you’re dying to show off, visit Big 5 Photo Gallery to submit your photo.
- Large, good quality images only please. Portrait format preferable, but landscape will be considered. We regret any photos smaller than 800 pixels in height cannot be considered.
- You must have taken the picture yourself i.e. hold the copyright to the image.
- By entering this competition, you agree to allow us to display the picture on this blog and the winning photo on our newsletter (with full credit to the photographer). To view previous issues of our newsletter, please visit SA-Venues.com Newsletter Archive.
- Judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
How to Enter:
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 6th January 2010).
- Congratulations to Janet Bloom (South Africa) for her winning entry – “African Paradise Flycatcher”.
- Many thanks to all who entered!