Win a 4-Night Farm Stay for 2-4 People (closed)
TWO lucky visitors will each win a 4 night stay for 2-4 people at The Green Tree Guest Cottages, located in the Addo/Nanaga region of the Eastern Cape, only 45 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth and the Airport. The Green Tree Cottages are situated on a beautiful dairy farm, centrally located to visit the Addo Elephant Park, numerous other Game Reserves surrounding it (including Shamwari, Amakhala, Schotia Safaris and more) and the Sunshine Coast and its golden beaches. The Green Tree Cottages offers 4 star self-catering accommodation, in beautiful decorated cottages, where you can enjoy country living, and quality time with friends and family while exploring the Wild Life of the Eastern Cape.
Finalist in the AA and American Express Accommodation Awards – Farm Stay Category 2008/09/10.
Each prize is valued at R5000 and includes:
- Accommodation for 2-4 people sharing for 4 nights – during the month of July 2011 – in the Njala Cottage.
- Self catering basis.
- Complementary bottle of wine and braai wood.
- Cottage is serviced daily.
- The prize allows you to share this with your children or 2 friends should you wish.
The largest of the 5 cottages at The Green Tree Cottages, The Njala Cottage has 2 bedrooms, 1 with double bed and 1 room with 2 single beds, as well as an area with bunk bed if needed. Bathroom with bath and shower, an open plan living / dining and fully equipped kitchen area, with inside braai. The cottage is equipped as follows: kitchen with microwave, stove, cutlery and cooking utensils, air-conditioner (cold and warm), fridge with condiments, tea & coffee making facilities, television with DSTV, hairdryer, clock radio, patio and braai facilities.
“My wife and I recently spent six nights of our honeymoon at The Green Tree Guest Cottages and it was absolutely perfect! The cottages are well equipped, tastefully furnished and very comfortable. The service is outstanding from the thoughtful and friendly hostess Lezl who gave us a bottle of Champagne on arrival to celebrate, packed us numerous picnic baskets for our early morning adventures into Addo elephant park and even made us breakfast in bed (!) to the efficient cleaning fairies who somehow manage to keep the rooms spotlessly clean in the blink of an eye (who knows where they come from or went, but they do a damn fine job of it). I would recommend The Green Tree Cottages to anyone wanting to spend time in the Eastern Cape as it offers a good balance of peaceful farm life perfect for relaxing, it is close to Addo for day visits and is in easy travelling distance from PE should one wish to go shopping or attend the fantastic dolphin shows at Bayworld. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thanks again to Lezl and her staff for making our honeymoon time with them so special.” – Ryan Weaver
“Great place to stay, but what made it exceptional was the service we received: travelled with both my partner + parents & received personal touches everywhere.. Nothing was too much effort & we felt at home & very comfortable. Cottages & scenery are both stunning with friendly service. Couldn’t have asked for more. Highly recommend staying here for a true SA experience.” – Adele & Chris Jams (UK)
“We stayed for two nights while visiting Addo Elephant Park. Recommended by a friend. As soon as we met Lezl and saw the cottages, we realised that it was a great recommendation. Our cottage was clean, very well furnished and very comfortable, with a very cottage bathroom. The kitchen was complete with all the necessary equipment and a well stocked bar. Landlady Lezl is a perfect hostess. She made us feel very welcome and cooked us tasty suppers of local dishes, served in our own cottage. Breakfast was extensive, catering for all tastes, nothing too much trouble. Bearing in mind that this is a working farm and the hours that they work, We thought that it was a great experience and very good value for money. The little mini farm of domestic animals, run by Reynard, their son, was just the icing on the cake.” – Ray and Ans Jennings (UK)
“My wife and I live in SA, and were travelling with friends from Jersey C.I. and we used Green Tree as a base to tour the area, Addo etc. We stayed in two separate cottages self catering, which were immaculate and well appointed. We have stayed on working farms before and this was the best by far. Nothing was too much trouble for our Host’s who even did some shopping for us in Port Elizabeth, and one evening cooked us a fantastic meal. We were extremely pleased by the lovely gardens and swimming pool, that we took time out from travels just to spend time in the gardens and pool. We had a great stay and would recommend Green Tree to anyone with or without children. When my wife and I visit the East Cape again we will certainly stay here again, so to our hosts: Thank you for a wonderful stay and we hope to see you again soon.” – Phil Nicholson
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
- The Green Tree Cottages
- The Green Tree Cottages Rates
- The Green Tree Cottages Reviews (rated “Excellent” by SA-Venues.com visitors)
Terms & Conditions
- Redemption of prizes is based on availability of rooms and can only be taken during the month of July 2011.
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transportation to and from The Green Tree Cottages in the Eastern Cape, South Africa, for own account.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com and The Green Tree Cottages, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 13th of April 2011).
- Congratulations to Verushka Calver and Jenny Eldridge who have won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com
- Winners 4-Night Farm Stay for 2-4 People
- Win a Three Night Stay for 4 People at Addo Afrique Elephant Lodge (Closed)
- Win 2 Nights for 8 People at the Luxurious 5-Star Graded Addo Afrique Estate (closed)
- Winner 2 Nights for 8 People at the Luxurious 5-Star Graded Addo Afrique Estate
- Win 3 Nights in Historic Tulbagh (Closed)