Win a 3 Night Luxury “Land and River” African Safari for two adults and two children, at Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge overlooking the Addo Elephant National Park – the only National Park in the world where the Big 7 (Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Southern Right Whale and Great White Shark) can be seen.
Valued at over R13 000, the prize includes:
- 3 consecutive nights 5-star accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children, with breakfast daily
- A barbecue/braai on the first evening of arrival
- Addo river safari with all alcoholic drinks whilst cruising and dinner
- Schotia Safari 4 hour game drive followed by a delicious dinner
- Self drive safari in the Addo Elephant National Park
Day 1 – Arrive at Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge
Be welcomed by the sight of giraffe and buck strolling around your lodge. Relax by the pool taking in the views over the Addo Elephant National Park as our staff prepare a traditional African braai/barbecue under the stars.
Day 2 – River Safari with Braai / Barbecue
Enjoy an informal scrumptious cooked breakfast, as you get ready to start your exciting day with a self-drive safari through the Addo Elephant National Park, the only park in the world to conserve the Big 7. The option is available to hire one of the many knowledgeable hop-on guide’s. Make use of the restaurant in the park for lunch at your own expense.
Exit at the Southern Gate and drive 5 minutes to the beautiful Sundays River to begin your river safari. Experience a 3 hour cruise to the beach where you can enjoy the scenic sand dunes or, for the more adventurous, slide down on a sandboard. Cruise upriver admiring the vast birdlife and many animal species on the river banks. The houseboat has a toilet facility and is suitable for all weather, as we have an indoor cabin with comfortable leather seating as well as a top deck with sun loungers and a seating area providing outstanding views. All alcoholic drinks are included whilst cruising.
Return to Addo Afrique at approx 7pm in your own vehicle in less than 40 minutes. Enjoy a delicious dinner back at the Lodge.
Day 3 – Game Drive with Supper
Spend the morning lazing by the pool before your busy afternoon starts at 2.30PM. Enjoy the afternoon and evening at a private game reserve and get as close as possible for the best viewing of rhino, hippo, giraffe and the king of the beasts, lion! Enjoy a four hour guided game drive in an open Land Rover with a short refreshments and toilet break at the halfway point.
After an amazing experience where you will view more animals than you thought possible, enjoy a delicious dinner, which is prepared over an open fire. A short, spotlight night drive provides the possibility of more nocturnal animals and completes your experience as you return to your vehicle. Return to Addo Afrique at +/- 9 o’clock.
Day 4 – Departure after breakfast
- Transportation to and from Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge in the Eastern Cape for own account.
- Concession fee to the Addo Elephant National Park (if you choose to do a self drive safari) – R30.00 SA residents or R130.00 non-SA residents
- Hop on guide if preferred, approximately R120.00
“Addo Afrique is truely a unique find. Stunning accommodation with the added bonus of viewing over the Addo Elephant Park besides the animals on the resort. Themba and Gladys are always on hand to spoil and pamper. We will definitely return thank you to all involved in making our holiday one to remember for ever.”
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
- Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge
- Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge Rates
- Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge Reviews (rated “Excellent” by SA-Venues.com visitors)
Terms & Conditions
- The days of each activity may change depending on the availability.
- The prize is valid for 6 months from the date on which the winner is announced. Subject to availability.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com Addo Afrique Giraffe Lodge, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 16th of January 2011).
- Congratulations to Anita Kriel (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com