WIN a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the luxurious Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge – 2 nights for 2 persons in luxurious 4 star accommodation, sumptuous cuisine and elephant encounters, in exquisite natural surroundings.
Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge is located a short distance from Port Elizabeth, bordering the Greater Addo Elephant National Park, in an exclusive malaria-free conservancy. The Tented Camp is perfectly designed to blend discreetly into its surrounding valley bushveld environment; the remarkably spacious, sophisticated suites – some nestled in the Yellowwood forest and others set on a hillside offering extraordinary views – are elevated on wooden decks each with an outdoor spa bath. Luxuriously decorated to evoke Hemingway’s Africa of yesteryear, this is an oasis of calm affording quiet reflection against the tranquil backdrop of the African bush where giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and eland browse and graze at your doorstep. All meals of the day can be enjoyed at our open-sided restaurant which incorporates a bar area and open-air boma, all overlooking the elephants’ much loved waterhole.
Valued at R10 000, the prize includes:
- Accommodation for 2 persons sharing for 2 consecutive nights
- All meals
- Elephant back rides
- Elephant bedtime encounter
- Two bottles of wine
We offer you the exhilarating experience of riding these magnificent animals. Revel in the natural beauty of the environs and its wildlife from your lofty seat as these gentle giants amble through the African bush. After the ride, walk with them through the diverse valley bushveld, ravine and forest habitat. At the conclusion of the walk, enjoy rewarding the elephants with their favorite treats.
A once in a lifetime journey, at one with nature, following in the footsteps of the ancients …
“Absolutely fantastic 3 days spent in this most beautiful of places. Got to ride and interact with elephants, which has certainly been on our wish list. All the staff were very friendly, welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Food was lovely and plenty of it. The lodges were amazing especially the jacuzzi and verandas, with fantastic views of the surrounding hills. Even the squabbling monkeys who woke us up in the early hours, didn’t dampen the enjoyment. If we get the chance we will definitely be going back.” – The Baylis family, Reading – England (stayed: April 2009)
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
- Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge
- Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge Rates
- Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge Guest Reviews (rated “excellent” by SA-Venues.com visitors)
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is valid for 6 months from the date on which the winner is announced.
- Redemption of prize is subject to availability.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transportation to and from Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge in the Eastern Cape, for own account. Self Drive from Addo is not recommended (rough gravel road), we recommend you take advantage of our guided road transfer through the historic mountain pass or a scenic air transfer over the spectacular Zuurberg mountains. Both options depart from our Addo office daily. Prices will be sent to the winner.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com and Addo Elephant Back Safaris & Lodge, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 17th May 2011).
- Congratulations to Charna Chapman (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com