WIN a magical holiday in Knysna for two adults and two children (under 12 years of age) on the Lagoon – 2 nights on board a Lightleys Holiday Houseboat and 2 nights at Phantom View River Resort. The Knysna Lagoon is an 18km long tidal estuary which stretches from the famous Knysna Heads, which guard its entrance from the Indian Ocean, and joins the 60km long Knysna River that starts in the Outeniqua Mountains.
Valued at R6500, the prize includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation on board a Lightleys Holiday Houseboat (self catering basis)
- with one of those nights mooring with your houseboat at Thesen’s Island Harbour Town
- Two nights’ accommodation at Phantom View River Resort (self catering basis)
- with a bottle of sparkling wine and oysters on arrival
- One half-day canoe from Lightleys River Runners
Lightleys Holiday Houseboats
Pilot your own houseboat through the safe, tranquil waters of the Knysna Lagoon
Live the dream … aboard our fully equipped, 4- or 6-berth self-drive houseboats. We’ll show you how to pilot your craft and make you “Captain Of Your Own Holiday” – catered or self-catered, you’ll be free to explore the safe, tranquil waters of Knysna’s Lagoon.
For holiday-makers, houseboating is your accommodation – and it’s your entertainment; for honeymooners, it’s romance; and for business people, it’s an unusual conference and team building opportunity.
Our 6-berth, aluminium-hulled Aquachalets and newly-built, 4-berth, GRP Leisure Liners come complete with bedding, galleys (with fridges and gas stoves), ‘heads’ (shower rooms with chemical toilets) and portable barbecues. And our shore facility offers spacious ablution blocks and an indoor/outdoor conference and functions venue.
With Lightleys Holiday Houseboats you’ll enjoy all the pleasures of boating, and you’ll have the ideal base from which to discover the Garden Route. No experience or skipper’s license required.
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is valid for 6 months from the date on which the winner is announced, but excludes school holidays, weekends and peak periods.
- The prize is subject to availability.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transportation to and from Knysna, for own account.
- Fuel used on board the houseboat and R1300 refundable security deposit, not included.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com and Lightleys Group, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 28th June 2011).
- Congratulations to Hydeh-Mari Elkington (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com