WIN a 2-night stay at 4-star graded Stonecutters Lodge. The lodge is situated within the Highlands Meander close to Dullstroom and Lydenburg in Mpumalanga and only 3 hours travelling from Gauteng. The country estate offers luxury accommodation in a beautiful setting between mountains and river. Dullstroom is a country town with restaurants, coffee shops, pubs and charming retail shops all within a 20 minute drive from the lodge. Stonecutters Lodge offers guests personal service and is a great place to enjoy a holiday or weekend.
Valued at over R5000, the prize includes:
- Accommodation for two in a king or twin-bedded Cobbles Studio for two nights
- Dinner in the elegant Stone Manor for two nights
- Complimentary port after dinner
- Two hour fishing tuition by a local guide on day one (coffee & muffins supplied)
- Fly-fishing equipment (rods & reels, net and three flies per rod) for two days
- Brunch Basket to be collected from Stone Manor after the fishing clinic on the first morning
- Full English breakfast at Stone Manor on the morning of departure
- A late check-out – leave at noon on day of departure
The Estate offers great walks, fly-fishing in river and dams, walks and bird watching in a secure environment. Horse riding, cycling and other activities are available nearby and Stonecutters is also close to the Panorama Route including tourist hot spots , God’s Window, The Potholes, Blyde River Canyon and Mac Mac Falls- all in easy driving distance.
Set in a natural garden where a bubbling waterfall cascades into an indigenous pond, Stone Manor houses the reception rooms, dining area, the pub and the conference boardroom. A large fireplace dominates the double-volume lounge and dining area. The Cat’s Whiskers pub, with its cosy fireplace and DSTV can be a great place to meet new friends. Meals can be enjoyed at Stone Manor.
Take the opportunity to learn the fine art of fly-fishing or to share your passion for the sport with a loved one or friend! Test your skills on two well-stocked dams and three kilometres of free-flowing river.
Thank you so much for a great weekend at Stonecutters. The service was so personalised, the accommodation was spotless and the food was unbelievable! We will definitely stay at the Lodge again when we are in the area and will spread the word to our friends. Hopefully see you soon. (Andrew and Michele – stayed 06/05/2012)
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
- Stonecutters Lodge
- Stonecutters Lodge Rates
- Stonecutters Lodge Guest Reviews (rated “excellent” by SA-Venues.com visitors)
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is valid for 6 months from the date on which the winner is announced.
- The prize must be booked a minimum of 48 hours prior to desired check in date.
- Redemption of prize is based on availability of rooms and cannot be taken over public holiday / long weekend periods.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transportation to and from Stonecutters Lodge in Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, for own account.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com and Stonecutters Lodge, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CLOSED midnight on the 7th November 2012.
- Congratulations to Karina Schuring (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com