WIN a 3-night retreat on a 220 hectare wine farm near Stellenbosch, in the Cape Winelands. Meticulously restored and beautifully decorated with exquisite antiques, Hawksmoor House occupies a stunning location amidst vineyards overlooking Table Mountain, and enjoys spectacular sunsets. Hawksmoor House is the perfect place to unwind and let the day slowly go by, lie by the pool with a good book and a glass of our own fabulous Hawksmoor wine. It also serves as a great base from which to explore the Winelands.
Valued at over R5,000 the prize includes:
- 3 nights bed and breakfast accommodation
- afternoon tea
- a bottle of Hawksmoor wine and a cheese & meat platter
A 25 minute drive away from the buzzing Cape Town centre, the estate is quiet and serene. In addition to our guests, the farm is home to horses, cows, porcupines, hawks, pelicans and countless other wildlife. Our resident German Pointers Cosmo, Alice and little Jack keep a watchful eye on the daily workings of the farm. Our friendly and cheerful staff stay discreetly in the background, providing you with the feeling that you have the entire place to yourself. Hawksmoor House offers a totally unspoilt, unpolished and authentic country home experience for those who need some well-deserved rest. It is the perfect place to unwind.
If you love dirt roads, sunsets, wine by candlelight, an owl outside your window, and don’t mind sharing the pool with the occasional disoriented frog, or getting a paw print of our overzealous dogs on your trousers, you have found your place!
“Hawksmoor House is without a doubt one of the loveliest places that I have stayed. The house itself is so beautiful, our room just gorgeous, the food outstanding and the service out of this world. I can’t recommend it enough. Thank you very very much to Maike and her staff – we will be back.” – Helen Rushton, Cape Town (stayed: September 2010)
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is valid for 6 months from the date on which the winner is announced. Subject to availability.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transportation to and from Hawksmoor House in the Western Cape, for own account.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com andHawksmoor House , their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED (midnight 15th of December 2010).
- Congratulations to Bea Becker (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com