If your dream wedding includes a luxury honeymoon to one of Africa’s finest, luxury, Big 5 game reserves, then why not extend the dream and get married in the wild? At the award-winning luxurious Shamwari Game Reserve in South Africa, all aspects of the wedding, from the ceremony to the reception, are arranged for you.
Weddings at Shamwari Game Reserve are small, intimate and very special.
The professional reservations and events team organise everything for you: the venue and all the arrangements including the Minister, flowers, wedding cake, champagne, photography and wedding video.
The Shamwari Wedding Package Includes
- Minister: You will receive a copy of the marriage certificate on the day of the ceremony once he gets it back from the Home Affairs Office
- Flowers: Bridal bouquet, button hole for the groom, 2 arrangements for the ceremony and a room arrangement. Rose petal confetti is also included
- Photographer: Includes 36 developed photographs presented in a Henzo wedding album delivered the following day with their negatives and a disk with digital photographs.
- Wedding Cake: A one tier wedding cake of your choice, e.g. chocolate mousse, cheese cake, carrot cake or traditional fruit cake. The cake is decorated with fresh flowers fitting in with the theme of your wedding.
- Spa Treatment: Back, neck and shoulder massage for bride & groom as well as a French Manicure for the bride
- Champagne: A bottle in the room on arrival, after the ceremony and a bottle in the room on the wedding night
- Wedding drive: A sole use game drive with a sun downer stop including snacks and drinks after the wedding ceremony. The photographer accompanies the couple on this drive and these photographs are included in the package.
- Private Dinner: On return to the lodge, the couple will find their room decorated with rose petals and candles. They will be given a private dinner either in their room or in a private area at the lodge. The dining table will also be decorated according to the theme of the wedding.
- Witnesses: If the wedding couple is alone then the Shamwari staff will sign as witnesses.
Optional extras that can be arranged (additional charge) include additional photographs or videoing, African dancers, DJ and any additional requirements i.e. décor, flowers & hiring of equipment, Hair and make up.
For assistance with arranging your wedding and to receive a quote, contact Shamwari Reservations on: +27 42 203-1111 or send a direct enquiry at: Shamwari Game Reserve.
About Shamwari Game Reserve:
Shamwari Game Reserve has received numerous international awards, including the World’s Leading Conservation Company and Game Reserve for five consecutive years. It is situated in verdant bush along the Bushmans River, halfway between Port Elizabeth (45 minutes drive outside the city) and Grahamstown, a pleasant drive from Cape Town, forming a natural extension to the famous Garden Route.
Shamwari is about conserving a vanishing way of life and is the realisation of one man’s dream, and the success of many people’s passion. Steeped in Settler history, and dating back to the time when a multitude of game roamed wild and free, the 20 000 hectare reserve boasts five eco-systems, thus enabling the support of many forms of plant, animal and bird life.
- The Lodges at Shamwari Game Reserve
- Shamwari Game Reserve
- South Africa Wedding Guide
- South Africa Wedding Venues