Keeping Busy at Chrislin Bed and Breakfast
The Chrislin Bed & Breakfast is a family-owned establishment that pairs good, old-fashioned Eastern Cape friendliness and warmth with an undeniable African look and feel. With mud and thatch huts nestled amongst the citrus orchards, there is little wonder that Chrislin remains the retreat of choice for so many visitors from around the world.
Chrislin Bed & Breakfast is situated in Addo, and only minutes from the Addo Elephant Park. In addition, it is only about an hour (or less) from Nelson Mandela Bay. This makes it accessible, convenient and, importantly, free of the threat of malaria.
The rooms, while enjoying a rustic African design, are spacious and elegant, and offer modern amenities and conveniences. Breakfasts are included in the accommodation rates, and are enjoyed in a semi-open lapa with views of the African countryside as the perfect garnish.
Guests of Chrislin Bed and Breakfast have so much scope when it comes to deciding on how to spend a day.
Here are some of the most popular activities and attractions:
- Take a dip in the pool, perched idyllically at the cusp of the Addo veld
- Embark on a safari of Addo Elephant National Park and witness the world’s largest land-based animal as it ambles silently through the acacia trees. There are about 500 elephants living in the park, sharing it with lion, buffalo, rhino, leopard, countless antelope, ostrich, wild cats, wild dogs and even the Flightless Dung Beetle, which is unique to this area
- Enjoy a river safari along the nearby Sunday’s River on canoes with an experienced guide. The birdlife is magnificent and will be pointed out and identified by your guide
- Hike through the mountains and forests of Zuurberg to experience the true splendour of this area
- Discover Addo and its surrounds on mountains bikes or on foot, enjoying a number of different trails for different capabilities. Keep a lookout for the many bird species, as well as the different plants and flowers around you
- Bird-watching tours are particularly successful in and around Chrislin Bed & Breakfast and Addo, as it is the home of so many different species
- For a really different experience, mount one of the resident Addo horses or elephants and explore the region at leisure from this elevated position
- The boma at Chrislin is situated right next to the pool, and offers a quiet place in which to catch up on emails or reading, while soaking up the views, smells and sounds of the Eastern Cape landscape
- The Addo Raptor & Reptile Centre is situated close by and offers visitors the memorable opportunity of holding these incredible animals, watching them hunt, and learning more about their characteristics and habits in the wild
Many of these experiences can be organised through CrissCross Adventures.