Discover a world of tastes and flavours at the Good Food & Wine Show Gauteng
Diarise 23-26 September now for the Spring Good Food & Wine Show at the Coca-Cola Dome in Randburg and discover a world of tastes and flavours. Experience new products and see the latest global food and lifestyle trends. Cook with the top celebrity chefs in the world at the hands-on workshops, and watch them in action at the Chefs in Action Theatre, cooking their signature dishes.
The fabulous line-up of international celebrity chefs would whet anyone’s appetite:
- James Martin star of the BBC Lifestyle series “Saturday Kitchen”, “Sweet Baby James” and the “Great British Village Show”
- Eric Lanlard, master pâtissier and star of “Glamour Puds”, who will launch his new book Home Bake at the Show
- Willie Harcourt-Cooze, the king of chocolate and star of “Willie’s Wonky Chocolate Factory”, who will be launching his new book Willie’s Chocolate Bible.
- Giorgio Locatelli, Michelin Star Italian supremo, who features in Tony and Giorgio
They will join South African chefs and celebrities such as Jane Griffiths, dynamic local television producer, writer, artist and traveller, who will launch her second book, Jane’s Delicious Kitchen, at the Show; and Luke Dale-Roberts, previously Executive Chef at La Colombe and now consultant chef. Luke achieved 12th place in the San Pellegrino 50 Best Restaurants in the World Awards 2010.
The exciting demos by these and other chefs and celebrities will take place in the Chefs in Action Theatre, sponsored by Samsung, Afrox Handi-Gas, Top Billing, SABC 3, Alchemy of Gold, Caesarstone, Neogroup and The Palazzo Montecasino, the preferred hotel for the international celebrity chefs.
The Show will bring you everything that is new and fresh in the world of food, drink and healthy living. It is interactive, so it’s your chance to cook, taste, experience and learn from the experts at the interactive theatres and exhibits:
- Get Fresh with BBC Lifestyle, sponsored by DStv and ELBA, offers hands-on workshops for small groups with celebrity chefs
- From the Garden to the Kitchen – Jane Griffiths focuses on sustainability and cooking with local produce
- Lindt Chocolate Master Classes with chocolatier Dimo Simatos
- The Blubird Wholefood Market, featuring 20 South African speciality producers!
- The Master of the Tongs Theatre, presented by Weber® and Burbock – entertaining using the latest gas braais and RTV Meats. Watch celebrity chefs, Jan Braai and Pasella presenters prepare delicious, easy to cook meals
- The Interactive Cocktail Area, learn the art of mixology and watch the Regionals of the Bartender’s competition
- Alchemy of Gold Brandy Theatre and Johnny Walker Whisky Stand for tastings
- A Grolsch Beer Theatre with tastings and food pairings
- The Great Wine Sale – premium South African wines at show prices
- Kidz Area, where kids can meet CBeebies presenter Sid, and Katy from “I can cook”, and cook with the Little Cooks Club
- The Book Store – where all the latest cookbooks and gardening books from celebrity chefs and garden gurus will be available
- Celebrity Chefs Restaurant – taste food from the menus of celebrity chefs!
- Gourmet Tourism – meet the chef, try the food, then visit the destination!
- Diabetic Pavilion – showcasing all the products available to diabetics to ensure a healthy and enjoyable lifestyle.
- Top Billing Mercedes-Benz Garden Party – chill out at this state of the art meeting point
To book tickets go to Computicket. Don’t forget to book your tickets to cook alongside, James Martin, Eric Lanlard, Willie Harcourt-Cooze, Giorgio Locatelli and Jane Griffiths at the hands-on workshops.
Call 021 702 2280 for more information.
- Johannesburg Good Food & Wine Show serves up fun for the kids
- Good Food & Wine Show Cape Town set to break records with Gordon Ramsay’s appearance
- Win tickets to the Good Food & Wine Show in Cape Town
- Geoffrey Murray joins Justin Bonello on “Cooked – Out of the Frying Pan”
- The Good Food and Wine Show reviewed