Paintballing In KwaZulu Natal
The game of paintballing is the perfect solution for those addicted to computer or Xbox games that involve combat. Instead of sitting in your revolving chair and clicking away at the controls, get out there and enjoy some real-life combat with friends.
Those living in the South African province of KwaZulu Natal have a number of awesome opportunities to get outdoors and enjoy the balmy summer playing round after round of paintball with your friends or family. This is also a great activity for team building, as it teaches cooperation, loyalty and teamwork.
Here are some of KwaZulu Natal’s top paintball fields:
- Crestholme Paintball – facilities include a braai area, party venue, secure parking and a tuck shop. Contact Dave Leslie on 083 653 3884 for bookings.
- Renegade Paintball – enjoy an adventure in the midlands of Howick.
- Forest Paintball – situated in Ballito, games can last for up to 90 minutes and are conducted in the excitement of an authentic forest. Call Chantel on 082 414 2448 for more information or to make a booking.
- Paint-Wars Paintball in association with Pinetown Combat Paintball – specialising in tactical training, combat awareness, self-defence or just old-fashioned fun. Party venues and hosting can be arranged.
- Action Paintball – equipped with two urban fields, a bush field and a speedball field, Action Paintball promises the full spectrum of fun and games. Call 074 172 1309 for more information.
Here are some tips for those getting ready for the paintballing adventure of a lifetime:
- Invest in paint and a paintball that matches the quality of your gun, so that your performance is enhanced and the game is more fun.
- This is a physical workout, so try to prepare by getting your energy levels and breathing capacity up in the days and weeks before the game.
- Keep moving so that you are not an easy target.
- Before starting your game, walk around the field and familiarise yourself with it so that you can be agile and confident when playing.
- Be sure that you understand the rules of paintballing and the capabilities of your equipment
- Don’t show off. Focus on the game and enjoy it. Showing off invariably leads to distraction and injury.
- Be a team player and support your team mates.
- Have two-way radios to facilitate better communication with those on your team, and use them!
- Don’t fire randomly. Take a second to think and aim before firing so that every shot is a planned one.
- Have fun! Don’t let a competitive streak ruin the point of the game – to relax, enjoy the outdoors and spend time with others.
- Bayete Zulu Game Lodge
- Boys’ Weekend in KwaZulu Natal
- Giraffe in Mkuze Game Reserve photo
- Richards Bay for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Thanda Private Game Reserve Special Offer
Tagged: KwaZulu Natal