Specials in September 2009
Every month we bring you a few budget savers that prove it’s more affordable than ever to treat yourself to a well deserved break. This month is no exception.
As we’re celebrating Adventures in South Africa in September, we thought we’d bring you special offers from hotels, lodges and other accommodation establishments which also offer adventure activities on site. Think fishing, game activities, kloofing, hiking and lots more …
1]. Nguni River Lodge in the Addo Elephant National Park, Eastern Cape is offering an Horseback Safari Special for only R1850 per person sharing per night (minimum of 2 nights required) until 30 September 2009, includes luxury accommodation, all meals, 2 game drives and a horseback safari in the Addo Elephant National Park.
2]. Bushwillow in Kuleni Game Park, near Hluhluwe in KwaZulu Natal offers long stay special all year round. Get 10% off stays of 3-4 nights, 15% off stays of 5-6 nights or 20% off stays of 7 nights or longer. Adventure opportunities:
- enjoy walks on self-guided trails
- watch game come to Bushwillow’s own small waterhole
- day trips to Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park (big 5) and the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park
- canoeing, horse-riding, diving trips in the area
3]. Gowrie Farm Golf & Fly-Fishing Estate in the Natal Midlands, KwaZulu Natal is offering a Midweek Golf Special. Stay 2 nights and play 2 rounds of golf at discounted rates. Other adventure opportunities include:
- fly-fishing in well-stocked trout dams
- cycling in the Camberg, Loteni and Dargle valleys
- a number of mountain bike routes
- wonderful hiking trails in the nearby foothills of the Drakensberg
4]. Beacon Vlei in Balgowan in the Natal Midlands have some great specials starting on the 1st September 2009. Stay 3 or more nights and rates are discounted for both B&B or self catering accommodation and Beacon Vlei offer some “extras”for fly-fishermen, mountain bikers and … lovers!
- Fly-fishermen receive discounted rates on rod hire.
- Mountain bikers receive discounts on a guided mountain bike ride.
- Lovers (2 people only) receive discounts on treatments at African Day Spa (Indigo Fields).
5]. Villa Rustique Guest House in Oudtshoorn is a great destination to base yourself at if you are considering exploring the Klein Karoo and the Cango Caves. (Adventurers think cave crawling adventures or the ultimate crazy “ride an ostrich”). Better still, throughout September Villa Rustique have a great special on their already reasonable rates …
- Stay of 2 nights – Receive a 50% discount on standard rates for the 2nd night
- Stay of 3 nights – Only pay for 2 nights
- The Karkloof is excellent MTB country. Feel free to explore the marked trails and plantation roads in and around the reserve, or contact them for more extensive guided tours of the area.
- The Karkloof Canopy Tour commences on the doorstep of the Leopards Bush Lodge. How do you fancy swinging from a cable 50m above the forest floor while racing towards a cliff?
- Hiking Trails – there are are marked trails within the reserve. With a bit of climbing you can explore 6 waterfalls.
7]. Villa Sunshine Apartments in Sea Point, Cape Town, are ideally situated for taking part in all that Cape Town has to offer the Adventure Traveller. Hike to the top of Table Mountain, Abseil or paraglide … see our article on “Adrenaline Junkie Activities in Cape Town” for more inspiration … and take advantage of the discounted rates available at these studios, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
More Special Offers:
This is only a very small selection of the numerous special offers available on the SA-Venues.com website. For more offers see South Africa Special Offers or go straight to the province you intend visiting to view specials by selecting them here:
- Western Cape Special Offers
- Garden Route Special Offers
- Eastern Cape Special Offers
- KwaZulu Natal Special Offers
- Gauteng Special Offers
- Mpumalanga Special Offers
- Limpopo Special Offers
- North West Province Special Offers
- Free State Special Offers
- Northern Cape Special Offers