Winelands for Less
We’re all watching our budgets at the moment. But that doesn’t mean we can’t take a much deserved break. You just have to plan a little better and look around for the best deal. A weekend away doesn’t have to break the bank! While celebrating “all things vino” in July 2009, we thought we’d help you plan a discounted weekend in the Winelands. Consider the following specials (valid July 2009) …
Akademie Street Boutique Hotel & Guesthouse (5-star graded and voted the number 1 hotel in Franschhoek on Tripadvisor) is offering 50% off their standard rates in July 2009, just book a week before going to qualify. Five luxurious, private and peaceful houses a short stroll away from the village centre and its famous restaurants.
Rickety Bridge Manor House (4-star graded), also in Franschhoek, is offering a winter package until the end of August 2009. For only R1350 per couple per night, you’ll be spoiled with:
- luxurious en-suite accommodation overlooking the Rickety Bridge vineyards
- a la Carte breakfast daily
- a 3-course Cape inspired lunch at our Restaurant in the Vines
(including a glass of Rickety Bridge Semillon)
- each of you will be treated to a Hot Stone Massage
Mana, on the J C Le Roux Wine Farm 6km from the town of Stellenbosch, invites you to stay 3 nights and only pay for 2. Their 5 luxury B&B rooms and self catering 2-bedroom cottage are set against a background of Merlot, Pinot Noir and Cabernet vines.
Ons Genot Country Lodge (4-star graded) is situated on the famous Bottelary Wine Route of Stellenbosch. Check out their Winter Warm Gourmet Special for only R3000 all-inclusive:
- accommodation for 2 persons staying 2 nights, including Champagne breakfasts
- a wine tasting at Hartenberg Wine Farm
- 3 course dinner (excluding drinks) at The Only One
- 5 course gourmet dinner with paired wines from the Bottelary wine route at The Only One
If you’d rather not travel an hour or two out of Cape Town, consider the Constantia Valley Wine Route.
Constantia Lazy River (3-star graded) is offering a last-minute special. Book 24 hours or less before arrival and get 20% off. First come, first serve. Situated in the heart of Constantia, with it’s oak-lined streets and horse-riding paths, and just a short drive from the famous Constantia Valley wineries. A weekend in the country really can be affordable.
These are just a few of the specials available in the wine producing regions of the Western Cape.
If these don’t quite suit your tastes or budget, check out others at:
- Cape Winelands Special Offers (includes Franschhoek, Paarl, Stellenbosch, Simondium)
- Breede River Valley Special Offers (includes Robertson, Tulbagh,Worcester)
- Constantia Vally Special Offers (includes Constantia, Tokai)