WIN a 2-night stay at the elegant 5-star graded Jock Safari Lodge in the southern area of the Kruger National Park (KNP). The lodge is situated at the confluence of the Mitomeni and Biyamiti rivers, half way between Skukuza and Malelane.
You’ll find an abundance of bird life and glorious tress surrounding the lodge and your game activities will have you exploring part of the first private concession set in over 2 million hectares of Kruger National Park. The twelve individual suites are private and exude old world elegance.
Valued at over R15 000, the prize includes:
- Two midweek nights accommodation for two adults sharing in a private sala (viewing deck) overlooking the river & plunge pool
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and high tea
- Game drives, including game drive beverages
- Guided walks
- Tea, coffe and water
All the suites are named after places of interest in the tale of “Jock of the Bushveld” – the treacherous Pettigrew’s Road, the trading posts of Delagoa Bay and Komatipoort.
Each suite, with queen or twin beds enveloped in a canopy of voluptuous white netting, has its own personal “sala” (thatched viewing deck), plunge pool, romantic Victorian ball and claw bath, his and her vanities and outdoor shower. The suites have been built overlooking the rivers and offer breathtaking river bed frontage, bushveld vistas and game viewing. Each suite is also fully equipped with 5 star amenities such as air-conditioning, fans, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar and safe.
Morning and evening drives are performed in covered 4×4 Landrovers conducted by highly experienced rangers. Traversing through the reserve, the wildlife is sometimes staggering in its diversity. Enthralling sightings of elephants, a sea of buffalo horns rising from the grass as they lie resting in the growing heat as well as prides of lions, awaits one.
As a family we stayed at this lodge and were treated like royalty. The lodge itself is situated on the banks of two rivers and as we visited during the dry season ( winter) both were without water which made game viewing more spectacular and the animals easier to view. We stayed in two rooms as children cannot be accommodated in their parent’s room. The rooms are beautiful, each with their own plunge pools, napping/viewing decks suspended over the river and mosquito-netted beds. The staff are very attentive and we were even taken on a hike to spot a pride of lions that were tracked to a river bank. The game viewing in the area is excellent and we managed to see the Big 5 during our two day stay. Reviewed 10 July 2012
Can’t wait to win? Want to book now?
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is valid from 1 May to 30 September 2013.
- Redemption of prize is based on availability of rooms and cannot be taken over public holiday / long weekend periods
- The prize is valid midweek only (Monday to Thursday).
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Beverages, transfers, flights, telephone, laundry, gift boutique and all additional expenses will be for your own account
- Transportation to and from Jock Safari Lodge in Kruger Park in Mpumalanga, for own account.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com and Jock Safari Lodge, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition CLOSED midnight on the 19th March 2013.
- Congratulations to Melissa Wittstock (South Africa) who has won this wonderful prize.
- Many thanks to all who entered! See other competitions at Win with SA-Venues.com