There are only two days left to take advantage of National Parks Week.
This annual celebration of spring allows South Africans FREE access to most of the 21 national parks across the country, from this Monday to Friday, the 18 or Saturday, 19 September 2015, depending on the park.
This is the tenth year that SANParks has held this week as a way to encourage locals to connect with their culture and heritage (September is also heritage month).
All you have to do to qualify for your free entry is to present your official, green barcoded, or smart SA ID at the entrance to any national park. Children under 16 will get in free regardless (they do not need proof of identity).
Please Note: Nature reserves not included in the list include the Namaqua National Park and Boulders Penguin colony in the Table Mountain National Park.
Entry is still subject to the individual reserve’s daily quotas. So, get there early.
LIST OF PARKS
• Addo Elephant Park National Park
• Agulhas National Park
• Augrabies Falls National Park
• Bontebok National Park
• Camdeboo National Park
• Garden Route National Park
• Golden Gate Highlands National Park
• Karoo National Park
• Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
• Kruger National Park
• Mapungubwe National Park
• Marakele National Park
• Mokala National Park
• Mountain Zebra National Park
• Namaqua National Park
• Table Mountain National Park
• Tankwa Karoo National Park
• West Coast National Park
• Ai-Ais / Richtersveld Transfrontier
For a full list of activities you can download this link at sanparks.co.za
Other Useful Links
• South Africa Game Reserves
• South Africa Hotels
• South Africa Guest Houses and Lodges
Comments are closed